Select Menu

Ads

BREAKING NEWS

Slider

Video of Day

Powered by Blogger.

Latest News

Technology

Places of Kashmir

Health

World

Slider

Racing

Videos

» »Unlabelled » Hard work key to success, say Kashmiri Class X toppers
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

Srinagar, Jan 12: Sixteen year old Sana Fayaz of Peerbagh Hyderpora, who topped the 2010 batch of Class X believes that systematic hard work led to her achieving the feat.
 Sana, eldest daughter of Prof Fayaz Ahmed Mir, who teaches civil engineering at National Institute of Technology (NIT) and Prof Safiya Khalil, a chemistry lecturer at Government degree college M A Road, gives credit for her success to her focused hard work and support from her parents and teachers. She secured 495 marks out of 500.
 “Though my parents used to remain busy with their work, they helped me a lot in their spare time. I definitely worked hard but my teachers worked harder both at school and coaching centre,” she said. 
 About the preparation for examination, Sana said, “I used to study 4 to 5 hours everyday from the beginning of the session and during examination period I used to study for 10-12 hours daily.”
 “We were hopeful that she will figure in the merit list but she topping the exams has made us proud,” said her father.   
 Advising parents to keep a vigil on their children Prof Fayaz said, “We should continuously monitor our children at school and coaching centres if we want them to excel in life.”
 Sana is yet to choose her profession but wants to take medical stream with Math as additional subject.
 There were jubilations in the house of Sana Shafiq Pandit, the second position holder with 491 marks, at Lal Bazar on city outskirts.  Joy was visible on the faces of Sana’s father, Shafiq Ahmed Pandit, retired draftsman and her wife, Dilshada Bano an employee of the Rural Development department. “My daughter has kept my head high by achieving this feat. I never felt need of having a son as my three daughters always brought jubilation to the family,” said Shafiq.
 Sana gives credit for her success to her elder sister Rumaisa Shafiq – a postgraduate in Clinical Chemistry and her school Woodlands House School. The other sister of Sana, Afshana is pursing engineering at SSM College.
 “My sister is my mentor and guide, and whenever I faced problem in studies, she helped me. My success wouldn’t have been possible without the support of didi. Hard work is key to success,” she said, adding that her ambition is to crack the civil services examination.

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Leave a Reply